Thursday 12 October 2023

Defining the success of Charles Haunted Mansion A 2D Survival Horror Game

 

 


Charles Haunted Mansion is an experimental horror game, which is $0.99, launched on Steam on 15th September, 2023. The price is now raised to $1.99 to test something new.

I. LONG TERM GOALS: Here are my goals. I will update the data from time to time. I will strike through them as soon as I reach my goals. Success is different for different people but for me my goal is realistic. My goals can be further divided into four categories.

a) Making A Living: The goal is to make a living creating video games. It is very much possible because I am from a country(IN) with a low cost of living. I basically need $200 a month to survive. It does not have to be from one game but from multiple titles.

b) Marketing: No, I am not going to invest money in marketing. I might do some free marketing here and there. I want to see how many copies it sells with $0 marketing budget. The strategic discounting can be an incredible way to increase sales and revenue.


Why are you charging such a low price? Is it profitable?

First off, I was expecting to sell more copies at $0.99 but things have changed a lot. However, my game is still selling at a full price $0.99. So, that's good. I want to see what happens in the future when I will use discount strategy. I hope the numbers would rise really fast which will reflect the progress bar below.

According to my experience it is easier to sell more copies at lower price especially when you have $0 marketing budget.

I am not sure yet if it is profitable, if it makes over $100, then yes, it is profitable.

 

II. Milestones: 

Review milestone:

- Got First review!

- Got 5 reviews!

- Got 10 reviews!

- Got 20 reviews!

Anything above that is anomaly.

 

 

 

Net Revenue milestone:

- Made $50 in sales

- Made $300 in sales

- Made $500 in sales

- Made $1000 in sales

- Made $1600 in sales.

Anything above that is anomaly.

Also, I will get back Steam direct fee which I paid after my game makes $1000 in net revenue. That should be my target for now.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment