Friday 18 August 2023

Defining the success of The Chills - A 2D indie horror game created by a solo dev!

 


The Chills is one of my so-called Successful game which I have ever created. I know many will call it a failure but I am happy that it has got around 19 reviews,at the time of writing the post, given that I did not do any marketing to begin with. How cool is that! It happened on its own organically.

GOALS: Here are my goals. I will update the data from time to time. I will strike through them as soon as I reach my goals. Success is different for different people but for me my goal is realistic and it is quite achievable at a price point of $0.99 because it has already got so many positive reviews which actually increased sales. 

a) Making A Living: The goal is to make a living creating video games. It is very much possible because I am from a country(IN) with a low cost of living. I basically need $200 a month to survive. It does not have to be from one game but from multiple titles.

b) Marketing: No, I am not going to invest in marketing. I might do some free marketing here and there. I want to see how many copies it sells with $0 marketing budget.


Milestones: 

Review milestone:

- Got First review!

- Got 5 reviews!

- Got 10 reviews!

- Got 20 reviews!

Anything above that is anomaly.

 

 

 

Net Revenue milestone:

- Made $50 in sales

- Made $300 in sales

- Made $500 in sales

- Made $1000 in sales

- Made $1600 in sales.

Anything above that is anomaly.

Also, I will get back Steam direct fee which I paid after my game makes $1000 in net revenue. That should be my target for now.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment