Sunday 3 May 2020

My Journey of Creating A New 2D Zombie Shooter Game After Pandemic 2020 - Trends

Hello everyone,


I am going to share my journey of creating a Zombie shooting games for PC called Axizon Labs: Zombies! The idea came to my mind when I heard about the COVID 19 Pandemic started out. While I was working on the game called, The Valley of Super Flowers, during the early February, I was actually thinking of making a zombie shooter game but I did not find the reason to create one until the outbreak of pandemic. Everyone is talking about the virus and infections and all that stuff. I thought it might be a great time to create a game based on Zombie creation virus, which is trending currently on Steam. 

Wishlist Axizon Labs: Zombies on Steam:

Watch Axizon Labs Official Trailer:
First of all, I have learned a lot while I was working on the game. I have done all of the graphics, Artwork, Animation, Programming, Level Designing except for the music. I have created a lot of games like this before but it is a unique game in its own way. I actually got inspired by Quake 4 game and I thought it would be great to create a similar kind of atmosphere but in 2D. So, I started working on my project since the end of February. As I am a fast game developer, it took me around a month and a half to finish it. But I will continue to provide updates from time to time even after the game is launched on Steam.


My Expectation as A Developer:

It is hard for me to tell how this game will perform on Steam on the release day. I have pretty much no expectation from my game whatsoever. I do feel like it will sell around 50 or 100 units in the first month on Steam. The price of the game will be at $1.99 with a small launch discount. I will make sure it is much more attractive for the players. You know, the competition is very high now and standing out of the crowd with little marketing budget is a daunting task. I will still go with self-publishing as it is a peace of mind for me. 




Verdict:

I hope some people will enjoy the game. As you can see, this game is very simple. What you have to do is just kill as many zombies as possible and accomplish some Mission Objectives. It is a very simple game with 2 or 3 Mission objectives in each level. I guess, a few people would enjoy it and to me, getting my games on Steam is success. So, I will continue to create more games in the future. I have pretty much realistic expectation because I have the experience with various pricing strategies which worked and did not work in the past. Based on those data, I have an idea of how well this game can do on Steam. Nothing can be predicted until the game is launched on Steam. I will write more articles based on that and provide a link to an YouTube video. Now-a-days, I am posting around 2 - 3 times a week on YouTube.



Features of the Game

1. There are about 14 Levels in the game each with various Mission objectives to Complete!

2. I have added 3 Weapon modes including Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Modes to provide the player with more options!

3. There are 3 Boss Battles and among them, is a survival level where you have to get away from the Monster who will chase you in one of the later levels. If you get caught you will have to start over the level again. That's the challenge!

4. I have added various computers, terminals, which are interactive for the player. It has been made as simple as possible so that players can easily play through the levels.

5. This game has some traps likes saws but there are quite less in number because I did not want it to be a typical platformer but focusing more on Action genre. 

6. It has a story which is based on science fiction. There are a couple of dialogues which will tell the story of what is going on in the game. I tried to keep it as simple as I can. There is not much cut-scenes in the game except for the elevator riding.



And don't forget to check this game out on Steam. If you like what you see please feel free to provide your feedback. Thanks for reading the article.



No comments:

Post a Comment